Compare Ecovacs Vacuuming + Mopping Robots: Deebot 45, Deebot SLIM, Deebot N78, Deebot M85 and Deebot M88
If you're considering getting an Ecovacs Deebot floor cleaning robot, you may find this article useful in helping you with selecting the right Deebot robot for your home.
Ecovacs makes two types of Deebot floor cleaning robots: those that are used strictly for vacuuming and those that can be used for both vacuuming and mopping. Note that Ecovacs has produced a large number of robots in each of these two categories, and therefore, to simplfy your task of choosing the right robot for your needs, we will only consider the most popular ones bought by Amazon customers.
Note the following:
This article will focus on Deebot robots that can both vacuum and mop. If you are interested in a comparison of Deebot robots that are strictly used for vacuuming, please click:
A Comparison of Ecovacs Deebot Vacuuming Robots.
Comparing the Deebot Vacuuming + Mopping Robots
The following table compares the various features that come with the five Deebot vacuuming & mopping robots (please read the explanations to the table notes that follow for a better understanding of the features):
Table Notes 1 - 17 Explained:
Bare floors could be any of wood, laminate, tile or marble.
For effective vacuuming, carpets need to be low pile.
Low profile vacuuming robots with smaller heights can go better under low lying furniture.
- Deebot 45 and Deebot N78 do not have a main agitator brush. They use direct suction which provides a tangle free vacuum in environments full of pet hair. Therefore, they are best on bare floors or very low pile carpets.
- Deebot M85 and M88 robots have a main agitator brush and vacuuming is done through the brush. But note that the main agitator brush of these robots is removable which allows also optional direct suction when they are used in environments full of pet hair or on bare floors. These two robots can therefore vacuum effectively both bare floors and carpeted floors. Note also that the Deebot M85’s main agitator brush floats to adjust to and clean uneven surfaces like natural wood, textured floors or tile with wide grout.
- Deebot 45and Deebot SLIM come with a washable and reusable microfiber cloth that can be attached to the robot for optional mopping while it is vacuuming in any of the three cleaning modes (AUTO, EDGE and SPOT).
- Deebot N78, M85 and M88 are all equipped with a water reservoir and come with washable end usable microfiber cloths. Before operation, you attach one piece of microfiber cloth to the robot. Mopping will be done while vacuuming in any of the four cleaning modes (AUTO, INTENSIVE, EDGE and SPOT). The advanced "Smart Clean" Mopping System these robots are equipped with automatically dampens half of the cloth to remove stubborn dirt and debris, and then dries the floor to a spotless clean.
- Deebot 45, Deebot SLIM and Deebot N79 have 3 cleaning modes: AUTO, EDGE and SPOT modes.
- Deebot M85 has 4 cleaning modes: AUTO, INTENSIVE, EDGE and SPOT modes.
- Deebot M88 has 5 cleaning modes: AUTO, EDGE, SPOT, SINGLE ROOM and MAX modes.
- AUTO Mode: This is the most commonly used mode. In AUTO mode, the robot cleans in a straight line and changes direction when it meets an obstacle. If the robot detects a lot of dust during its initial route, it will change its path to fan-shaped or spiral route.
- INTENSIVE Mode: This mode is good for aggressive cleaning or for extremely dirty or dusty floors. In this mode, the robot is more sensitive to dirt and dust, follows the same cleaning pattern as in AUTO mode, but performs a more thorough cleaning. In INTENSIVE mode, the dust sensors sensitivity is increased, so cleaning is more efficient. Note that when cleaning a small area like corners or a hallway in INTENSIVE or AUTO modes, the robot will automatically conduct a “zigzag” pattern and then will return to the previous mode to continue cleaning.
- EDGE Mode: This mode is good for cleaning the edges and corners of a room. In EDGE mode, the robot cleans along a border (e.g. wall).
- SPOT Mode: This mode is applicable for an area of highly concentrated dirt or dust. In SPOT mode, the robot focuses on a specific area to clean and operates in a “zigzag” pattern from left to right.
- SINGLE ROOM Mode: For a single room or specific area.
- MAX mode: Deebot M88 is equipped with a powerful suction motor that includes an additional MAX mode. Press the MAX button to boost suction for exceptional cleaning.
Each Deebot robot is equipped with sensors to detect objects in its path and navigate around them while cleaning. If the object is very low to the ground (1.5” or smaller in height), to protect walls, furniture and other household items, the robot may gently touch it with its cushioned bumper rail before turning around.
Each Deebot robot is specially equipped with sensors that enable the robot to constantly interpret the terrain. This gives the robot intelligence to clean up-to and around stairs, or any drop-off greater than 3 inches, without the risk of falling.
Deebot 45, Deebot SLIM and Deebot M88 are equipped with a single control button on their surface that is used to start the robot in AUTO mode and to stop the robot. Other modes of cleaning and various controls are invoked from the remote-control device.
Deebot N78 and Deebot M85 are equipped with a small control panel with multiple buttons. These panels allow starting and stopping the robot and selecting any of the four modes of cleaning. These modes can also be selected on the remote-control device.
All five robots come with a remote-control device that allow scheduling of the robot as well as selection of the cleaning modes.
DEEBOT M88 can also be controlled remotely using the ECOVACS APP on your smartphone while at home or away. The user-friendly APP allows you to:
- Select cleaning modes and the optional MAX suction mode.
- Choose cleaning path based on floor type.
- Monitor your robot’s cleaning status and remaining battery capacity.
- Direct your robot to clean certain place.
- View a cleaning log and more.
With all five robots considered here, when cleaning is completed or the battery gets low, the robot returns to the charging dock to recharge itself.
Using the dust sensors and the built-in Intelligent Dust Detection Technology, Deebot M85 interprets its environment and automatically selects the most efficient cleaning mode for the size of the room and its obstacles.
HEPA stands for High Efficiency Particulate Air and is a filter that can remove more than 99.97% of dust particles as small as 0.3 micron leaving fresher and healthier air behind.
All five robots allow scheduling to automatically vacuum and mop every day of the week.
All five robots allow canceling of the scheduli
All five robots make an audible buzzing sound to notify that something went wrong during the cleaning process in order to attract the user’s attention.
Ni-MH stands for Nickel–Metal Hydride and is a type of rechargeable battery.
mAh stands for milliamp-hour and is used to distinguish the strength or capacity of a battery. The higher the mAh, the longer the battery will last.
So which of the five Deebot Vacuuming + Mopping robots to choose?
- If you are looking for a basic robot for bare floors that can vacuum and mop, very simple to operate and affordable, you might want to consider the Deebot 45 or Deebot SLIM Note that Deebot SLIM comes with a Lithium battery which has a longer life and longer run times.
- If you want a robot that has all the features of the Deebot 45 and SLIM, but in addition is equipped with a reservoir for a more intensive mopping that includes wet mopping and drying the floor ( "Smart Clean" Mopping System), you should consider the Deebot N79.
- If you want a robot with all the features that come with Deebot N79, but in addition it has a removable main agitator brush to provide a tangle free vacuum in environments full of pet hair. then you should consider either Deebot M85 or M88. Note that M88 has the additional feature that it can be controlled from your smartphone or tablet, a feature not available on M85.
Compared Deebot Vacuuming + Mopping Robots on Amazon
Note: Amazon often provides a good discount on the List Price of sold products. If a discount is available, the List Price and the actual Amazon price will be shown when you click the Amazon product link images below:
Have you not found yet what you were looking for?
Global Amazon Search