Comparing the Instant Pot, Fagor and Cuisinart Multi-Cookers
The following table compares the features of the three selected multi-cookers:
- Instant Pot IP-DUO is also available in 5 and 8-quart capacity sizes.
- Cuisinart MSC is also available in 4 and 7-quart capacity sizes.
Even though the inner pots of all three products are removable and dishwasher washable, the removable inner pots that come with Fagor and Instant Pot do not have handles, and therefore are not suitable to bring to the table for serving.
- Cuisinart multi-cooker allows setting the exact desired cooking temperature, up to 400°F.
- Fagor multi-coooker provides two cooking temperature selections for the slow-cooker mode (low and high). All other operation temperatures are internally set and cannot be modified.
- Instant Pot provides 3 temperature selections for browning/sauté mode and 3 temperature selections for the slow cooker mode (low, medium and high). All other operation temperatures are internally set and cannot be modified.
Note that though all three cookers allow you to set the length of the cooking time. However only Instant Pot and Fagor provide a delayed cooking feature.
- Instant Pot is equipped with dual pressure settings: High (10.2 ~ 11.6psi) / Low (5.8 ~7.2 psi). High pressure reduces cooking time by up to 70% and low pressure avoids overcooking delicate food.
- Fagor also has dual pressure settings: High (9 psi) / Low (5 psi).
- Cuisinart MSC-600 does not have pressure cooker functionality, but if you are looking for a Cuisinart electric pressure cooker you can always consider the Cuisinart CPC-600AMZ (see Amazon products section below).
The Cuisinart cooker and Instant Pot both come with a steaming rack.
There is no explicit steaming function on the Fagor, but by using a steaming basket which is not included, the 6 minute rice cooking mode of the Fagor can be used to steam foods as well.
- Browning is best controlled by the Cuisinart cooker which allows increasing and reducing the cooking temperature as desired.
- Fagor cooker does not allow temperature settings for browning. It provides three fixed temperature selections for browning.
- Instant Pot provides also three temperatures selections in browning/sauté mode.
All three cookers will go automatically into keep warm mode after the cooking has completed. The cookers can also be set manually into keep warm mode.
- Fagor cooker is equipped with a self-locking lid. The lid will not open while there's pressure inside the cooker. There are also two independent pressure control valves and anti-overheating protection for added security.
- Cuisinart is not a pressure cooker; therefore it does not need as many security functions as the other two cookers. But when cooking is complete, the unit immediately goes into the keep warm mode for 8 hours after which it turns itself off completely for safety
- Instant Pot has 10 safety mechanisms shown in the figure below:
With all three units, all parts that come in contact with food are BPA free.
The Amazon prices shown were in effect at the time this article was written and may have changed. For exact prices, please refer to the Amazon products section below. Note that the Amazon price often includes a generous discount to the list price. If a discount exists, both the Amazon price and the list price will be displayed when you click the Amazon product link images below.
So which multi-cooker is best for you?
When you compare multi-cookers Instant Pot IP-DUO60, Fagor 670040230, and Cuisinart MSC-600, all three appear to be excellent products as can be seen from the comparison table above. But they are different in many ways, and you will need to make a choice based on your priorities. Here are a few points that may help you in deciding which of these three cookers suits best your cooking needs:
In conclusion, because of the large number of functions it offers, because of its stainless steel inner pot, because of the large number of safety measures it has built in, and because it is so easy to use and obtain excellent results, our number one choice is the Instant Pot multi-cooker.
Note also that Instant Pot has a more recent model with all the features described above and that supports Bluetooth, allowing programming and monitoring from smartphones or tablets (please see Note III in Amazon products section below for more info).
Compared Multi-Cookers Are All Available Below on Amazon
When you click the product links for Instant Pot IP-DUO60 and for Cuisinart MSC-600 in the Amazon section below, you will be given a choice of capacity.
Note: Amazon often provides a good discount on the List Price of sold products. If a discount is available, the List Price and the actual Amazon price will be shown when you click the images below.
Instant Pot IP-DUO60
Fagor 670041880 LUX
Have you not found yet what you were looking for?
Global Amazon Search
If you have not found what you are looking for among the above offerings, you can still search for it or for ANY OTHER PRODUCT you may need by clicking below and searching for what you need on Amazon.com: