Compare Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaners: Bissell CleanView, Hoover WindTunnel , Shark Navigator or Dyson Ball Multi-Floor?
Comparing the Selected Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaners
The following table compares the various features of the four vacuum cleaners (please read the following table notes for a better understanding of these features):
Table Notes 1-8 Explained:
Cyclonic technology uses the effect of high rotation to separate fine dirt from the air, to prevent dirt from clogging the filters, and to keep long lasting powerful suction.
All four vacuum cleaners can be used to clean both carpeted and bare floors. They are equipped with different mechanisms for adapting the cleaner head to different carpet heights and bare floors (please see Note 3 below for further details).
Note that all four vacuums come also with various attachments for cleaning upholstery and above floor surfaces (please see Note 7 for further details).
Here is how the four machines adapt their cleaner heads to vacuum different heights of carpets and bare floors:
- Bissell has a dial that can be adjusted for 5 different surface heights from bare floor to high carpet.
- Hoover has a dial that can be adjusted for 5 different carpet heights. It also has a suction only mode that can be selected by pressing the brush roll shut-off pedal which allows easy transition from carpet to hard floors.
- Shark doesn't have the same kind of height adjustment dial, but you can choose to have the roller brush powered (for high carpets) or off (for low carpets). In addition, there is a bare-floor attachment that works great on hardwood and laminate floors.
- Dyson adapts automatically to different floor types. It goes from high pile carpet to low plush to bare floors without adjusting any dials or settings. You can see and hear the vacuum adjusting itself.
All four vacuum cleaners provide HEPA filtration which captures and holds over 99.9% of dust and allergens. There are all washable and reusable filters.
Only Hoover WindTunnel is equipped with an indicator that tell you when you need to wash the filter. The other three machines provide general recommendations in their manuals with respect to filter washing frequency requirements.
Note that the hose length itself does not determine how high or how far you can reach for cleaning when using the attachments. One needs to consider also the extension wands that come with these vacuum cleaners as they attach to the hose to extend the reach. Note that Shark Navigator and Dyson Ball have the longest extension wands, and because they already come attached to the hose, they can instantly be released for use to clean stairs, up-high or hard to reach places.
The following is the list of attachments provided by each of the four vacuum cleaners:
- Bissell: Crevice Tool, Turbo Brush, Dusting Brush and 11-inch Extension Wand. These attachments can easily be connected to the built-in hose for cleaning above floor surfaces.
- Hoover: Crevice Tool, Powered Hand Tool, Dusting & Upholstery Tool and 12-inch Extension Wand. These attachments can easily be connected to the built-in hose for cleaning above floor surfaces.
- Shark: Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush, Pet Hair Power Brush, Dust Away Hard Floor Attachment, and 1 Microfiber Pad.
- Dyson: Combination Tool (upholstery tool, crevice tool, etc.) and Stair Tool.
The Amazon prices shown were in effect at the time this article was written and may have changed. For exact prices, please refer to the Amazon products section below. Note that the Amazon price often includes a generous discount to the list price. If a discount exists, both the Amazon price and the list price will be displayed when you click the Amazon product link images below.
So which of the four vacuum cleaners should you get?
Hoover WindTunnel, Shark Navigator and Dyson Ball are all high-quality machines rich in features that will make cleaning your floors an easy task. Though Dyson claims that they have the most powerful cyclonic machine available out there, all three deliver very impressive suction power and all three are equipped with washable HEPA filters. Note also that all three vacuum cleaners have large see through dust cups that can be emptied with the push of a button. However, there are some differences you should consider before making up your mind:
- Hoover WindTunnel is the only one of the four that lets you know when to wash the filter and that has a retractable (rewinding) cord. It's also the only one equipped with headlights. Hoover also uses the proprietary powerful WindTunnel technology that traps and channels dirt into the dirt cup and minimizes scatter.
- Shark Navigator Lift Away is the only one of the four that does not require to drag along the whole machine when you want to use the attachments to clean your home. The dust canister (together with the built-in motor, attached hose and extension wand) detaches from the main body and becomes portable, so you can easily clean anywhere without having to drag the main body of the machine (see Picture 2 above). This simplifies quite a bit the job of cleaning upholstery, furniture, walls, ceilings and other hard to reach places.
- Dyson Ball Multi Floor is the only one of the four that adjusts automatically the cleaner head to various carpet heights and bare floors. So, you have nothing to do to when you move from room to room even though each room may have different types of carpets or bare floors. The machine does it all by itself! Also, as mentioned above, Dyson claims that their cyclone technology captures more microscopic dust than any other vacuum cleaners' cyclone technology. Dyson vacuums are also engineered to be extremely airtight. What goes into the vacuum goes into the clear bin – not back into the home.
Compared Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaners on Amazon
Note: Amazon often provides a good discount on the List Price of sold products. If a discount is available, the List Price and the actual Amazon price will be shown when you click the images below.
BISSELL CleanView (9595A)
Hoover T-Series WindTunnel (UH70210)
Shark Navigator Lift-Away (NV356E)
Dyson Ball Multi Floor (206900-01)
You might also be interested in the following Carpet Cleaners comparison:
Please click below for a description and comparison of the Hoover Power Scrub and Bissell ProHeat Revolution carpet cleaners:
Compare Home Carpet Cleaners Hoover and Bissell
Have you not found what you were looking for?
Global Amazon Search
If you have not found what you are looking for among the above offerings, you can still search for it or for ANY OTHER PRODUCT you may need by clicking below and searching for what you need on Amazon.com: