Compare Wi-Fi Pet Cameras and Treat Dispensers: Petzi, Pawbo, Furbo or PetChatz?
Comparing Wi-Fi Treat Cams Petzi, Pawbo, Furbo and PetChatz
The following table compares the features of the four Wi-Fi treat cams (please read the following table notes for a better understanding of the features):
All four cameras support Wi-Fi connectivity.
As long as the camera is connected to Wi-Fi, your smartphone or tablet could be anywhere and connected either via Wi-Fi or 4G LTE.
There is no screen on Petzi, Pawbo and Furbo for your pet to see you, but you can speak to them via the built-in speaker.
On PetChatz there is a screen. So, your pet will see you on the unit, and you will see your pet on the smartphone, tablet or PC.
With Petzi, your pet will hear you, but you won't hear the pet. Presently, there is no microphone on Petzi.
With Pawbo, Furbo and PetChatz, your pet will hear you and you will hear your pet.
Only PetChatz HD allows pet initiated communication. It is an optional feature available when using the PawCall optional accessory which is equipped with a little button that allows your pet to call you (PawCall can be obtained below in the Amazon products section).
To properly use PawCall, you just need to place it near the PetChatz system. To let your pets know that they can call you, simply schedule call times in your PetChatz web app, which causes a paw-shaped light on the PawCall button to blink. Pets press the button to initiate a two-way call over PetChatz HD.
All four pet cams are equipped with treat dispensing systems. Using their associated app, you can dispense treats remotely.
Note that the Furbo cam is uniquely designed to launch your dog's favorite treats into the air, making it more fun for your dog to chase after. This is shown in the image below:
Pawbo, Furbo and PetChatz allow video recordings. They can be downloaded to your smartphone and shared with family and friends.
Both Pawbo and PetChatz HD provide interactive gaming for your pet:
- Pawbo has a built-in interactive dot chasing game you can play with your pet remotely using the Pawbo app (see image below).
- The optional PetChatz PawCall accessory not only allows your pet to call you, but it is also a "gaming device" for your pet: you can schedule "Call Mode" and “Game Mode” to engage and exercise your pet’s mind with custom light and touch puzzles with treat rewards (PawCall needs to be obtained separately, see Amazon products section below).
- Furbo does not have an explicit game, but it is uniquely designed to launch your dog's favorite treats into the air, making it more fun for your dog to chase after, almost like a game.
Petzi, Pawbo and PetChatz use ringtones to catch your pet's attention and announce that you are there.
- Petzi comes with a single ringtone.
- Pawbo comes with six ringtones any of which can be selected as the current one.
- PetChatz has three ringtones.
With PetChatz, you can provide your pet with a “scent of security” by dispensing a calming scent created specifically for PetChatz or create your own to give your pet a more personalized experience.
- Furbo's built-in microphone and advance intelligent sensor can tell barking from background noises, then automatically sends alerts to your smartphone.
- PetChatz cam owners also receive alerts and notifications when a sound or motion event occurs within range of the PetChatz unit. The motion sensor range is approximately 8 feet distance within a 54-degree angle from PetChatz.
A 720p video (and a 720p monitor) is 1280 (wide) x 720 pixels (tall). That's more than twice the detail of standard definition video.
- Petzi has a night vision setting, so it can see in low light. Note however that this is not true infrared vision: it isn't going to see "body heat", but it can still see quite well in low light.
- PetChatz does not have an infrared mode either, but low-light capabilities will be introduced in a future release.
- For now, Pawbo and PetChatz cameras should be placed in well lit rooms.
- With Furbo's night vision function, you can still see your dog in the dark. It has built-in infrared LED lights that let you see an incredibly clear view despite low-light conditions.
All four cams provide the necessary applications (apps) that allow remote control of the cameras.
Note also the following:
- Petzi, Pawbo and Furbo can only be controlled from a smartphone or tablet. They can not be controlled from a desktop computer or laptop.
Both cameras support iOS and Android mobile devices.
Two different users can simultaneously access these pet cams as long as they have the correct login credentials.
- PetChatz can be controlled both from mobile devices (smartphone or tablet) and from a desktop computer or laptop. Computer control is done from the www.PetChatz.com website.
Both iOS and Android devices are supported (iOS 8.1.1 or later/Android 4.1 or later).
Any number of friends and family members can access the PetChatz cam as long as they have the correct login credentials.
The Amazon prices shown were in effect at the time this article was written and may have changed. For exact prices, please refer to the Amazon products section below. Note that the Amazon price often includes a generous discount to the list price. If a discount exists, both the Amazon price and the list price will be displayed when you click the Amazon product link images below.
So which of the four Pet Wi-Fi Treat Cams to buy?
However, there are a number of important differences summarized in the above comparison table that you should be carefully considering before you make up your mind:
- Only PetChatz provide two-way video communications and pet initiated connections (using the optional PawCall accessory).
- Only Pawbo and PetChatz have built-in interactive gaming to entertain your pet.
- Presently only Furbo supports true infrared technology and is best adapted to night vision.
- Only Furbo and PetChatz send alerts to your smartphone. Furbo detects barking and sends sound alerts, while PetChatz detects both motion and sound and sends appropriate alerts.
Finally, keep also in mind the following points:
- You need to have high-speed Internet to have the best connection. Otherwise, you might get choppy video and audio.
- As only Furbo supports infrared night vision (and Petzi supports some night vision improvement functionality), the PetChatz and Pawbo cameras should be placed in a sufficiently well lit room.
Petzi, Pawbo, Furbo or PetChatz Wi-Fi Pet Cameras & Treat Dispensers on Amazon
Note: Amazon often provides a good discount on the List Price of sold products. If a discount is available, the List Price and the actual Amazon price will be shown when you click the Amazon product link images below:
Petzi Pet Camera
Pawbo Pet Camera
Furbo Pet Camera
PetChatz Pet Camera
Petcube Interactive Wi-Fi Pet Camera
Note 2: If what you are looking for is not just a treat dispenser, but also a food dispenser for your pet that you can also control remotely from your smartphone, you might want to read the following article that compares the best Wi-Fi supporting smart pet feeders:
Compare Top Wi-Fi Smart Pet Feeders
Note 3: If you are also looking for a fun way for your dogs to get some exercise and good times, you might want to read the following article:
Compare Best Automatic Ball Launchers for Dogs
Note 4: If you also have cats, and you are looking for an effective but fun way for your cats to get some exercise and good times, you might want to read the following article:
Compare Best Cat Play & Exercise Accessories
Have you not found yet what you were looking for?
Global Amazon Search
If you have not found what you are looking for among the above offerings, you can still search for it or for ANY OTHER PRODUCT you may need by clicking below and searching for what you need on Amazon.com: