Author: Maurice Savaryego, M.Sc.Eng. (Learn More)
(Please note that our website is supported by commissions earned when products are sold through the provided links.)
Compare Best Cat Play & Exercise Accessories: Go Pet Club Cat Tree Condos vs. One Fast Cat Exercise Wheel
Detailed Description of the Selected Cat Play & Exercise Accessories
1. Go Pet Club Cat Tree Condos
Moreover, the Go Pet Club cat tree can become an element of your interior decoration: some have very original shapes and are designed with high quality materials that you will not be ashamed of displaying in your living room.
Even if the initial purchase has a certain cost, you'll be able to avoid purchasing other cat accessories later, such as cushions, scratch boards, etc. More over, your cat will no more need to climb on your bed or hide under it to snuggle and leave hair and other unwanted stuff!
The Go Pet Club cat tree we have selected comes with the following features:
- Color: Brown / Beige.
- Overall Size: 42"L x 23.5"W x 87.5"H.
- 3 Big Condo Houses Size: 19.25"W x 14"L x 11.75"H .
- 2 Condo Houses Size: 12"W x 12"L x 10H .
- Size of 2 Top Perches: 13.25"Dia x 3"H .
- Size of 2 Tunnels: 10"Dia x 12"L .
- Number of Ladder: 1.
- Posts covered by natural sisal rope.
- Covering Material: Faux Fur.
- Board Material: Pressed Wood.
The followig picture shows the 87.5" high Go Pet Club Cat Tree:
As shown in the picture above, the cat condos on this tree are large enough for the cats to go in and rest or sleep in their own private place.
In addition, the perches (platforms) are high enough to give the cats plenty of exercise for climbing up and down, and they are are wide enough to allow the cats to rest or sleep on them, when they don't want to sleep inside the condos.
The Go Pet Club tree chosen here is one of the largest the manufacturer makes, but smaller ones with similar features and fewer condos and perches are also available and can be found in the Amazon section below by clicking here: Selected Go Pet Club Cat Trees on Amazon.
2. One Fast Cat Exercise Tree
Note that as cats do not have a natural instinct to run on a wheel, some training will be required. But once your cats learn how to use their new toy, they'll hop on it throughout the day, usually going for a quick sprint or two every few hours. In addition to burning off excess energy, the wheel can help your cat burn off extra calories, too. Though it may take longer and more effort to get heavier cats running on a regular basis, once they get the knack of it, you may start noticing them gradually slimming down.
According to the manufacturer, the wheel was designed for cats up to 25 lbs and was tested with 30 lbs weights. It proved remarkably stable and had no problem supporting the weights. But the recommended limit is 25 lbs. The manufacturer also specifies that the wheel can be used on hard floors and on some carpeting. However, if the carpeting is too thick, or soft, this can reduce the stability of the wheel. In such situations, wood slates can be placed under the wheel to offer a uniform, stable surface for the wheel.
One Fast Cat comes with the following features:
- 48" diameter wheel.
- 34" x 12" base.
- Sturdy and lightweight for ease of moving it around.
- It is made of recycled plastics.
- Run surface is made from a closed-cell EVA foam to prevent claws from catching and allowing cats to run naturally using their claws for safe footing.
- Can be cleaned by taking it outside and spraying it with a hose or wiped down with a wet towel.
- It has an open design so cats can enter from either side.
- Rollerblade wheel covers included free of charge.
- Smart industrial design allows it to ship or retail in a very small box (box size).
- The design allows for it to be assembled extremely quickly for home use.
The following picture shows the One Fast Cat exercise wheel:
According to the manufacturer the following two factors should be considered before choosing a cat wheel:
- What is the energy level of your cats? If they have a moderate to high energy level, then the wheel will be good for them to be able to expend some of that energy. An example of moderate to high energy is if the cat is inclined to race through the house in short spurts.
- Are your cats trainable.? A good way to test this is to see if you can get your cat to jump up and down from a chair with the use of a toy or treat as incentive.
Some customers have had their cats take to the wheel immediately without prior exposure to a cat exercise wheel. Others have gotten their cats walking on the wheel with an incentive of a treat within the first few days. However, for most cats, it takes time and patience to get them to start using the wheel. It can take a couple weeks, sometimes even a month or more of daily training, before cats start using the wheel on their own.
To give you time to work with your cat on the wheel, the manufacturer allows returns on these wheels for up to 60 days after receipt. If the wheel just doesn't work out for your cat, you can contact the manufacturer to start a return. Please be aware that they provide a $150 refund on used wheels (the remaining $49 goes towards recouping shipping fees and replacing parts that cannot be reused) and that we do not provide pre-paid return labels.
Before making up your mind on whether to get one of these wheels or not, you might want to watch the following official video that shows how cats use the One Fast Cat exercise wheel:
For exact price information on the One Fast Cat Exercise Wheel please click: One Fast Cat Exercise Wheel on Amazon.
So which of the two cat play & exercise accessories to buy?
On the other hand, if you don't already have that special place your cats can call their own, where they can play, rest, sleep, hide away and exercise, you should definitely consider getting a cat tree. Not only will it make your cats happier, but it will also protect your furniture from getting damaged by undesirable cat behaviour (such as scratching) as the cats will prefer doing their scratching and all other "cat business" in their own little place built in a way that is adapted to cat behavior.
However, if you can afford it, there is nothing wrong in getting both a cat tree and a cat wheel, as you would be providing your cats with all the benefits of both ingenious contraptions.
Selected Cat Play & Exercise Accessories on Amazon
Note: Amazon often provides a good discount on the List Price of sold products. If a discount is available, the List Price and the actual Amazon price will be shown when you click the Amazon product link images below:
Go Pet Club
One Fast Cat
Go Pet Club
Go Pet Club
Have you not found yet what you were looking for?
If you have not found what you are looking for among the above offerings, you can still search for it or for ANY OTHER PRODUCT you may need, by clicking below and searching for what you need on Amazon.com: