Author: Maurice Savaryego, M.Sc.Eng. (Learn More)
(Please note that our website is supported by commissions earned when products are sold through the provided links.)
Compare Best Deep Fryers: T-fal FR8000 vs. Cuisinart CDF-200
If you're looking for a new deep fryer, you should be aware that nowadays, the best deep fryers are equipped with a number of features that allow you to prepare perfectly well all your fried favorites for the entire family. In particular, your future deep fryer should come with the following features:
- Thermostat based exact temperature control for perfect results with enough heating power for most fried food requirements.
- Stainless steel dishwasher safe removable parts (except for the electric parts, like the heating element or the control panel) that are easily cleaned and maintained.
- Baskets with sufficient capacity to generate enough fried foods for the whole family.
- Last but not least, a high quality product with long durability.
Nowadays, you will find a huge number of products that satisfy most of the above listed requirements, and it may be hard to decide which to get. To simplify the task, we will compare below the two deep fryers that were both the most popular among Amazon customers and had received excellent ratings from most users at the time this article was written.
This article will compare T-fal FR8000 and Cuisinart CDF-200 deep fryers. These were not just the most popular among Amazon customers at the time this article was written, but they had also received excellent reviews from most Amazon buyers (an average of at least 4.5 stars each out of 5 stars!).
Comparing the Selected T-fal and Cuisinart Deep Fryers:
The following table compares the various features that come with the selected deep fryers (please read the explanations to the table notes that follow for a better understanding of the features):
Table Notes 1-8 Explained:
Both deep fryers have a nice family size capacity. The optimal relationship they display between oil capacity and food capacity keeps oil absorption to a minimum for healthier fried foods.
Both fryers come with an adjustable thermostat that allows for deep frying at the right temperature by selecting the perfect cooking temperature for the specific food to be fried.
- The T-fal FR8000 has an easy to use 2-position basket for cooking and draining food.
- Cuisinart CDF-200 comes with one large stainless mesh basket with cool-touch handle.
Cuisinart CDF-200 is equipped with a 30-minute digital timer .
T-fal FR8000 has a patented EZ Clean oil-filtration system for convenient deep frying, cost savings, and simple oil storage. When finished, the innovative machine’s exclusive oil-filtration system drains and filters the remaining oil, once it’s cooled down, into a large plastic container below. The removable, tightly sealed container conveniently stores the filtered oil for future use, saving time and money. The cleaned oil can be used up to 15 times.
Cuisinart CDF-200 does not automatically filter the oil after use. If you want to use the oil again, you should filter it yourself manually after it cools down and store it.
T-fal 8000 fryer has a permanent odor filter to keep cooking odors out of the kitchen.
Though Cuisinart CDF-200 does not have an explicit odor filter, users have reported that there is very little odor, if any at all.
Both deep fryers come with dishwasher safe removable parts (except for the control panel and the electrical heating element).
The Amazon prices shown were in effect at the time this article was written and may have changed. For exact prices, please refer to the Amazon products section below. Note that the Amazon price often includes a generous discount to the list price. If a discount exists, both the Amazon price and the list price will be displayed when you click the Amazon product link images below.
So which of the two deep fryers to buy?
Note that they are quite similar in many respects: they have comparable oil and food capacities, comparable heating power, thermostat based exact temperature control, and they both have stainless steel parts that are dishwasher safe (except of course for the heating element and and electrical control panels). So, there is a good chance that you would be quite happy with either of the two deep fryers.
However, there are a couple important differences that you may want to consider before making up your mind:
- T-fal FR8000 is equipped with an automatic oil filtering system which allows you to filter the oil after use and keep it for the next time.
Unless you don't mind filtering the oil manually yourself after each use, you might want to consider the T-fal 8000 deep fryer.
- T-fal FR8000 is also equipped with an odor filter. But, that should not be a real problem for those opting for Cuisinart CDF-200, as many Amazon customers that have used it have reported very little or no odor at all.
On the other hand:
- Cuisinart CDF-200 is equipped with a 60 minute digital timer. If you like to follow recipes with exact cooking times, then you should definitely consider this fryer as T-fal FR8000 does not have a timer.
Compared Deep Fryers on Amazon
Please Note: For non-US customers, when you click the links below, you will be provided with the Amazon links for your country (such as Canada or UK), if the product is available in your country.
T-fal FR8000 Deep Fryer
Cuisinart CDF-200 Deep Fryer
Have you not found yet what you were looking for?
If you have not found what you are looking for among the above offerings, you can still search for it or for ANY OTHER KITCHEN and DINING PRODUCT you may need by clicking below and searching for what you need on Amazon.com.
Note that the products offered when you click below may come with up to 40% savings!
And if you are interested in MORE SAVINGS, please click below for KITCHEN and DINING products that are MARKDOWN up to 50%!