Author: Maurice Savaryego, M.Sc.Eng. (Learn More)
(Please note that our website is supported by commissions earned when products are sold through the provided links.)
Compare Best Antique Style Popcorn Machines: Great Northern vs. Nostalgia
Comparing the Selected Popcorn Machines
The following table compares the various features that come with these popcorn machines (please read the explanations to the table notes that follow for a better understanding of the features):
Tables Notes 1-7 Explained:
- The Great Northern unit is equipped with 3 control switches, one for turning on/off the the kettle heater, the other for switching on/off the spotlight warmer, and the third one for activating and stopping the stirrer.
- The Nostalgia unit is equipped with 2 control switches, one for turning on/off the unit and the other for switching on/off the interior light.
- The warming light the Great Northern unit is equipped with keeps the popcorn crispy and warm for hours.
- The Nostalgia unit also has an interior light. It's there more for cosmetics as it lets you and your guests watch the kernels pop to perfection.
Though it is not specifically meant to keep the popcorn warm, being a light, it will still keep the popcorns warm to a certain degree.
Both popcorn makers are equipped with a convenient storage cabinet to store all of your popcorn supplies. It is perfect place to keep your popcorn bags and other supplies.
Both popcorn makers are equipped with a kernel catching tray that collects the un-popped kernels.
Both popcorn makers have carts that are equipped with a utility shelf that can be used for popcorn preparation.
The Great Northern unit is made of heavy-duty powder coated steel and stainless steel.
The Nostalgia unit is also made of steel and stainless steel.
Both popcorn makers can also be used as a tabletop models without using the cart.
For exact price information on these two popcorn machines please refer to the Amazon section below.
So which of the two vintage popcorn machines to get?
However, there are a couple important differences that you may want to consider before making up your mind:
- Great Northern is equipped with a warmer lamp that will keep your popcorn warm and crispy for a long time. The lamp Nostalgia is equipped with is there mainly for lighting purposes.
- Nostalgia is completely automatic. You just turn on the machine, and it will pop the kernels until you stop it. You can also turn on the unit's light, if you want to see the kernels popping.
On the other hand, Great Northern has separate control switches for the heater, the stirrer and the warming lamp. So you need to make sure you activate all three as needed and then not to forget to turn them off. The advantage of having separate control switches is that you can experiment with each switch for different lengths of time and come up with the right technique that will produce the exact popcorn type you like.
- Great Northern comes with a 5-year limited warranty, while the Nostalgia warranty is 1-year.
Compared Great Northern and Nostalgia Popcorn Machines on Amazon
Please Note: For non-US customers, when you click the links below, you will be provided with the Amazon links for your country (such as Canada or UK), if the product is available in your country.
Great Northern 8-oz Kettle
Great Northern 8-oz Kettle
Nostalgia 8-oz Kettle
Nostalgia 2.5-oz Kettle
Nostalgia Vintage 2.5-oz Kettle
Features of Nostalgia Vintage 2.5 -Kettle Popcorn Machine:
Have you not found yet what you were looking for?
If you have not found what you are looking for among the above offerings, you can still search for it or for ANY OTHER KITCHEN and DINING PRODUCT you may need by clicking below and searching for what you need on Amazon.com.
Note that the products offered when you click below may come with up to 40% savings!
And if you are interested in MORE SAVINGS, please click below for KITCHEN and DINING products that are MARKDOWN up to 50%!