Author: Maurice Savaryego, M.Sc.Eng. (Learn More)
What to Look for when Choosing a Diaper Backpack?
- Ease of Organization: The ideal diaper backpack will have enough room to carry absolutely everything for your baby, and still stay conveniently organized. It will contain a cushioned diaper changing pad, space for at least a dozen diapers, a removable wipe dispenser, insulated pockets for bottles, additional pockets and compartments for other items such as foods, cups, toys, keys, books, etc. Some fancier models even come with padded protected pouches that can securely hold electronic equipments such as an iPad or a DVD player.
- Convenience: The backpack should open up like a clam shell or like a book for maximum viewing and easy access to all compartments and pockets. It should have zippered side pockets that allow easy access to the main compartment while wearing. A removable and refillable wipe dispenser and a quick-grab wipes window are also desirable to facilitate reaching for wipes.
The backpack should have straps that can attach to the handlebars of strollers. This feature comes in quite handy when you are out with a baby stroller, and you don't want to carry the pack on your shoulders.
- Comfort: The shoulder straps should be padded to make carrying the backpack comfortable. They should also be adjustable so you can move the pack up and down your back until it feels right. The backpack should also have a solid back support that strengthens the pack and stops it from bulging into your back when stuffed to the max, as this can be quite uncomfortable.
- Safety: Insulated pockets for the bottles is a must to avoid spoiling of the various baby foods. Fancier backpacks even have built-in coolers for medication, beverages, and snacks. A good backpack should be made from solid nylon or polyester for durability and protection against wear and tear. It should be equipped for waterproofing, and if you have a tendency to leave things on the floor or the ground, it should have a sturdy bottom or metallic feet to keep the contents off the ground and away from dirt and bacteria.
- Style: Though you don't buy a diaper backpack to go to a fashion show, you want to get one that is esthetically pleasant to you, as you may have to live with it for quite a while, specially if you go on extended trips. Diaper backpack models come in many colors and styles, and you are sure to find one that will appeal to your taste.
You will find below three diaper backpacks carefully selected from three well known and respected manufacturers. They are the Okkatots, Baby Sherpa and Skip Hop diaper backpacks that provide most of the essential requirements listed above. What differentiates them from one another are the extra features that each provide. Depending on which extra features are more important to you, you should be able to choose the best diaper backpack for your needs.
You will find below a description of each of these three diaper backpacks.
If you're in a hurry and wish to see Amazon product and price information for the selected diaper backpacks, please click the following link:
Selected Diaper Backpacks on Amazon
Okkatots Diaper Backpack
Here is the list of the features it offers:
- Antimicrobial cushioned changing pad.
- Pockets for for 2 laptops and 2 cell phones.
- Insulated side bottle pocket.
- Antimicrobial pacifier pouch.
- Antimicrobial compartment for storage of dirty clothes.
- Easy access to diaper wipes compartment.
To buy this diaper backpack please click the Amazon image link. You will be offered 2 colors to choose from.
Baby Sherpa Diaper Backpack
Here is a more detailed list of the main features:
- A built in cooler at the base for medication, foods, and beverages,
- Well protected padded pouches for personal and electronic equipment such as cameras, PDAs, cell phones, sunglasses, iPads or DVD players.
- An over-sized extra well cushioned change pad.
- Various clips for keys, pacifiers and toys.
- An insulated bottle pocket and a water bottle holder.
Skip Hop Forma Diaper Backpack
The backpack has a very spacious interior sufficient to store everything from spare diapers and spare clothing to snacks. Because of the extra wide opening, one can easily and rapidly find what is needed and when is needed. Here are some of the features:
- Extra large dual zip opening.
- Front section with two large storage cubes.
- Elasticized interior pockets and insulated side bottle pockets.
- Multipurpose mesh cube for diapers, clothing and snacks.
- Cushioned changing pad pocket that can also hold tablets and laptops up to 15".
- Cell phone pocket.
To buy this diaper backpack please click the Amazon image link shown here. You will be offered three colors to choose from.
The three diaper backpacks considered here have received excellent reviews from Amazon customers, and chances are you will be quite satisfied with any of them as far as the basic and essential features of a good diaper backpack are concerned.
Though all three backpacks come with the essential features listed above, some have additional features that are not really must-haves, such as iPad and DVD pouches. Now that you have all the features and characteristics of the three diaper backpacks considered here, you should be able to make a choice based on your own needs, preferences and taste.
Selected Diaper Backpacks on Amazon
Note that when you click these backpacks you will be offered additional colors to choose from whenever available.
Have you not found the yet the what you were looking for?
Global Amazon Search
If you have not found what you are looking for among the above offerings, you can still search for it or for ANY OTHER PRODUCT you may need by clicking below and searching for what you need on Amazon.com: