Author: Maurice Savaryego, M.Sc.Eng. (Learn More)
(Please note that our website is supported by commissions earned when products are sold through the provided links.)
Compare Electric Meat Grinders: STX INTERNATIONAL vs. SUNMILE
Comparing the Selected Meat Grinders
The following table compares the features of the two meat grinders (please read the following table notes for a better understanding of the features):
Table Notes 1 - 12 Explained:
The bigger the grinding head "number", the larger the tray and grinding plates.
For example a No.12 grinding head would have grinding plates that are larger than those that come with a No.5 grinding head.
The STX-3000-TF grinding head (tray, tube, etc.) is made of polished cast aluminium.
The SUNMILE GR-31 grinding head (tray, tube, etc.) is covered with a layer of aluminium.
STX-3000-TF has two speeds (High and Low). It also has a Reverse speed.
SUNMILE GR-31 has a single speed.
- STX-300-TF comes with 3 grinding plates (Fine, Medium and Coarse) which are made of tempered hardened steel. The diameter of the grinding plates are 2 5/8 Inches (the standard for a size #12 grinder) which makes for a much faster grind due to the larger output for the meat that you are grinding.
- SUNMILE GR-31 comes with 3 grinding plates which are made of stainless steel.
- STX-3000-TF comes with 3 stainless steel cutting blades.
- SUNMILE GR-31 comes with 1 stainless steel cutting blade.
Both products come with three sausage stuffing tubes.
The diameter of the sausage tubes are: 3/4-inch, 5/8-inch and 1/2-inch.
Only STX-3000-TF comes with what is called a "Beaner Plate", otherwise known as a Sausage Stuffing Plate. Though they are not absolutely required to make sausages, these plates are made specifically for use in electric meat grinders to stuff sausage as they let more sausage flow through the grinding head into the sausage casing.
STX-3000-TF comes with a Kubbe attachment. Kubbe is a traditional Middle Eastern dish made with a cylinder-like shell that is stuffed with a mixture of spicy minced lamb and bulghur filling and the ends of which are sealed to form the Kubbe which is then deep-fried.
Meat Claws are great for shredding cooked meat. They are great to hold down a piece of meat to cut it into strips or cubes to be ground in this grinder. These multi-prong caws also give you the solid grip needed for transferring or cutting your hot or slippery foods.
You can make perfect burgers or sliders every time with this Burger/Slider Press. Included are also waxed transfer sheets to allow you to easily move your burger patties to the grill or place them in the freezer.
A plastic meat/food pusher comes with both meat grinders.
The meat pusher that comes with STX-300-TF opens up and you can store your sausage tube set inside of it.
- STX-3000-TF features 3000W of peak output power, and between 800W & 1200W of power under load depending on the type of meat.
- SUNMILE GR-31 meat grinder's rated power is 250W, while its maximum output power is 800W.
- STX-3000-TF: The parts that make up the of the grinding head are manufactured out of 100% uncoated polished cast aluminum. These parts should NOT be washed in the dishwasher, but should be washed with a mild detergent (like Dawn dishwashing soap) and hot water, towel dried immediately, and stored in a dry place.
The grinding plates are made of tempered steel and should not be washed in the dishwasher either. They should be washed with a mild detergent and hot water, towel dried immediately, coated with a food grade oil or food grade silicone, and stored in a plastic bag ready for their next use. However, the 3 cutting blades are dishwasher safe since they are made of stainless steel.
- SUNMILE GR-31: Both the stainless steel cutting blades and stainless steel grinding plates are dishwasher safe.
The grinding parts that make up the grinding head are made of aluminum and should not be washed in the dishwasher. They should be washed with a mild detergent and hot water, towel dried and stored in a dry place.
So, which of these two meat grinders to buy?
- It has a more powerful motor than the SUNMILE grinder. Therefore, it can produce more ground meat per minute and can handle better tougher cuts.
- It comes with 3 stainless steel cutting blades (as opposed to 1 for the SUNMILE grinder), so you can match the cutting blades with the grinding plates that are included. When you match up a cutting blade with a grinding plate as a set, this keeps the cutting blades much sharper, and the meat grinding will be faster and more precise.
- It has 2 speeds (High and Low) as opposed to only 1 for the SUNMILE grinder.
- it has the reverse function, not available on the SUNMILE.
- It comes with a 3-Year warranty as opposed to 1-Year for the SUNMILE grinder.
In addition, keep in mind that:
- STX-3000-TF also includes a Beaner Plate, a plate made specifically for use with the electric meat grinder to stuff sausage, as it lets more meat flow through the grinding head into the sausage casing. It also comes with a Kubbe attachment, Meat Claws and Burger.Slider Press not provided with the SUNMILE grinder.
- Note also that STX-3000-TF comes with a longer warranty.
Of course, all these additional features make the STX INTERNATIONAL grinder more expensive than the SUNMILE grinder. But, if you can afford it, we definitely think it is worth the investment.
Compared STX INTERNATIONAL and SUNMILE Meat Grinders on Amazon
Please Note: For non-US customers, when you click the links below, you will be provided with the Amazon links for your country (such as Canada or UK), if the product is available in your country.
Have you not found yet what you were looking for?
If you have not found what you are looking for among the above offerings, you can still search for it or for ANY OTHER KITCHEN and DINING PRODUCT you may need by clicking below and searching for what you need on Amazon.com.
Note that the products offered when you click below may come with up to 40% savings!
And if you are interested in MORE SAVINGS, please click below for KITCHEN and DINING products that are MARKDOWN up to 50%!