Author: Maurice Savaryego, M.Sc.Eng. (Learn More)
The three Braava robots to be compared are shown below:
All three Braava robots are rectangular.
- Braava 380t measures 8.6" x 9.4" with a height of 3.1".
- Braava jet 240 measures 6.7” x 7” with a height of 3.3”.
- Braava jet m6 measures 10” x 10.6” with a height of 3.5”.
- Braava 380t weighs 4lbs.
- Braava jet 240 weighs 2.7 lbs.
- Braava jet m6 weighs 4.85 lbs.
All three Braava robots can be used on all types of hard-surface floors including tile, hardwood, laminate or stone. However, the way they clean the floors is quite different:
Braava 380t does not pour any liquid on the floor, but it mops the floor using either a dry or damp microfiber cleaning cloth which picks up the dirt, hair and dust. For dry mopping, the robot moves in straight lines, and for damp mopping, it moves back and forth to efficiently and thoroughly mop the floor. All one needs to do is attach a cleaning cloth to the removable magnetic cleaning pad, place the robot down and press either the sweep button for dry mopping or the mop button for damp mopping.
With Braava 380t, when damp mopping is selected, the built-in Pro-Clean reservoir pad dispenses cleaning water throughout the cleaning cycle to keep the cloth damp (of course, the Pro-Clean reservoir pad must be filled with water before use).
Note also that Braava 380t comes with a Turbo Charge Cradle which is a one-stop charging and storage space. It can charge the robot in as little as two hours. At full charge, the robot can clean up to 1000 sq-ft with dry mopping and up to 350 sq-ft with damp mopping.
Braava jet 240 was designed to sweep and mop smaller floor areas, from 150 sq-ft to 200 sq-ft., and in particular kitchens and bathroom. Because of its smaller size, the robot can get into hard to reach areas such as around toilets, below cabinets and into corners. It can be used to wet mop, damp sweep or dry sweep hard floors whether tile, wood or stone. So, it can be used not just in kitchens and bathrooms, but in rooms with wood or laminate floors as well. Note that for larger rooms more than one battery charge may be required.
What is special with Braava jet 240 is that it automatically selects the type of cleaning method to be used based on the pad type installed. Three types of pads are available (one for each of the three cleaning methods it can perform): wet mopping pads, damp sweeping pads and dry sweeping pads. The pads are disposable and premixed with detergent.
Note also that Braava jet 240 is equipped with a precision water nozzle that sprays liquid on the floor to loosen dirt and stains (the robot is able to locate obstacles before it sprays the liquid to protect furniture, rugs and walls). This feature is activated only during damp or wet cleaning and requires that you fill the reservoir with water before activating the robot.
The robot is also equipped with a vibrating cleaning head that gently scrubs the dirt and stains to remove them.
Finally, to recharge the removable and rechargeable battery, you just need to place it into the provided charger and plug the charger to a wall socket.
Braava jet m6 is the top of the line. Not only does it use the vSLAM navigation technology described below, but it also supports Wi-Fi, and it recharges automatically when battery gets low and restarts by itself to complete the job after the recharge. This robot is ideal for multiple rooms and large spaces. Here are the main features of Braava jet m6:
- The vSLAM technology allows the robot to map its surroundings to seamlessly and efficiently mop an entire level of your home. The robot creates visual landmarks to keep track of where it's been and where it has yet to clean.
- The maximized-edge design of this robot allows it to get into corners and mop thoroughly along edges. It can mop under furniture and in other hard-to-reach places.
- The precision jet spray and the special wet mopping pads that feature wicking fibers help break sticky messes, grime and kitchen grease.
- Because Braava jet m6 supports Wi-Fi, it can be controlled from your smartphone using the iRobot Home App.
- The Imprint™ Smart Mapping feature enables the robot to learn, map and adapt to your home. Using the iRobot Home App, this allows you to choose which rooms are to be cleaned and when.
- Using the iRobot Home App, you can create virtual boundaries called Keep Out Zones that offer added control to actively avoid specific areas and objects in specific rooms of your home.
- The Smart Charge and Resume feature enables the robot to automatically and intelligently recharge for the amount of time needed to continue cleaning and get the job done. It resumes the job automatically once the recharge is complete, if the job was not completed.
- Imprint Link Technology enables Braava jet m6 to automatically start mopping in sequence after vacuuming robots Roomba s7 and i7 finish vacuuming
- You add cleaning solution (or water) to the robot, attach a Braava jet cleaning pad, and the robot automatically selects the cleaning mode based on the type of pad attached.
- Wet mopping pads feature wicking fibers and help break-up sticky messes, grime, and kitchen grease.
- Dry sweeping pads use electrostatic force to capture dirt, dust and pet hair.
- For long-lasting, fresh scent, it is recommended to use the Braava Jet Hard Floor Cleaning Solution compatible with all Braava Robots
- You just press Clean for the mopping to start.
- You can then use the iRobot Home App for controlling the robot.
Finally, note that, with Braava jet m6, you can also enjoy hands-free control with Alexa or Google Assistant.
Detailed Description of the Navigation Methods:
The three Braava robots considered here use very different navigation methods:
Note that Braava 380t can operate with more than one Cube. If you have more than one room to clean, you simply place a Cube in the first room that needs to be cleaned and place additional Cubes in other adjacent rooms or areas you would like the robot to reach. Braava will automatically clean from one Cube to another.
The Braava 380t Cube is shown below:
Braava Jet 240 can move from one room to another if there is no obstacle between the rooms. To prevent it from entering rooms that are not to be mopped, the robot allows you to create an invisible boundary that is not to be crossed by invoking its own special “Virtual Wall Mode”. Note that this is different from the Roomba Virtual Wall functionality which requires usage of a hard Virtual Wall unit. With Braava jet 240, no hard Virtual Wall units are used. You create a virtual boundary yourself by placing the robot on one side of a line you don't want crossed and holding the start button. This is very useful if you want to keep the robot in rooms without a door such as kitchens and entryways. Creating virtual boundaries keep your robot mopping where you want it to, and away from where you don’t.
But, iAdapt 3.0 also features the new Imprint™ Smart Mapping feature which lets you control which rooms are cleaned and when: this robot can store the floor plans, and once the floor plans are stored, you can use the iRobot Home App to assign names to the various rooms associated with the floor plans and request to clean the rooms selectively by specifying their name! You could even use Alexa or Google Assistant to vocally request your robot to clean specific rooms by calling their names.
Using the App, you can create virtual boundaries called Keep Out Zones that offer added control to actively avoid specific areas and objects in specific rooms of your home.
Once Braava jet m6 has uploaded detailed maps of your room layouts, it will assume a much more efficient cleaning pattern of pacing across each room, in as straight lines as possible, which will save both energy and time.
All three Braava robots are practically quiet. There is simply no noise you can hear! You can even run them at night without fear of waking up your neighbors.
Maintenance and Care:
After use, Braava robots require little maintenance. Simply remove the wet wipe or pad and clean it if it is reusable.
Note that all three robots come with 1-year limited warranty.
Items Included in the Purchase:
- 1 Braava 380t Robot
- 1 NiMH Battery
- 1 Wall Charger
- 1 Turbo Charge Cradle
- 1 Navigation Cube
- 2 “C” Batteries for the Cube
- 1 Multi-Purpose Cleaning Pad
- 1 Pro-Clean Reservoir Pad
- 1 Microfiber Sweeping Cloth
- 1 Microfiber Damp Mopping Cloth
- 1 iRobot Braava jet® 240
- Lithium Ion Battery
- Battery Charger
- 2 Wet Mopping Pads
- 2 Damp Sweeping Pads
- 2 Dry Sweeping Pads
- Braava jet m6 Robot
- 1 Charging Dock
- 1 Dock Tray
- 1 North American Line Cord
- 2 Single-Use Wet Mopping Pad
- 2 Single-Use Dry Sweeping Pad
- 4oz. Cleaning Solution Sample Bottle
Which Braava Mopping Robot is Best for Your Home
- Because the Cube based navigation of Braava 380t uses a map, you can be sure that all of the floor surface in the room where the Cube is placed will be covered, but since this robot doesn't pour water on the floor and doesn't scrub, it is more suited to floors that don't get too dirty and don't have hardened tough spots.
- On the other hand, since the iAdapt Navigation used by Braava jet 240 does not build a map, and rely on sensors to detect dirt, the robot may not cover certain areas of the floor that are not very dirty. But because it does multiple passes, pours water on the floor and is equipped with a vibrating cleaning head that gently scrubs the dirt and stains to remove them, it can better get rid of spots that are tougher to clean. This robot is great for kitchens and bathrooms where the floors may have harder to clean stains.
- With Braava jet m6, the Braava 380t and Braava jet 240 related deficiencies described above are not present:
Braava jet m6 sprays liquid on the floor to loosen dirt and stains, and it builds a map which allows the robot to seamlessly and efficiently mop an entire level of your home. Therefore, Braava jet m6 can both cover completely the floor to be cleaned and take care of hardened stains as well.
In addition, Braava jet m6 allows smartphone control of your robot. You can ask your robot which rooms to clean, and you can build virtual boundaries around areas that are not supposed to be mopped.
Finally, a great feature of Braava jet m6 is its ability to recharge automatically when the battery gets low and resume the job by itself where it was interrupted after the recharge.
Braava Floor Mopping Robots on Amazon
Note: Amazon often provides a good discount on the List Price of sold products. If a discount is available, the List Price and the actual Amazon price will be shown when you click the images below.
Braava Jet 240
Braava Jet M6
Braava Cubes on Amazon
Braava 380t Cube
Microfiber 3-Pack for Braava 380t
iRobot Braava Jet 240
iRobot Braava Jet 240
iRobot Braava M6
iRobot Braava M6
Braava Jet Hard Floor Cleaning Solution
You might also be interested in iRobot's Roomba Vacuuming Robots Comparison
For a comparison of all the latest iRobot Roomba vacuuming robots, please click below:
Latest iRobot Roomba Vacuuming Robots Comparison: s9+ vs. s9 vs. i7+ vs i7 vs. 960 vs. e5 vs. 675 vs. 614
Have you not found the product you were looking for?
Global Amazon Search
If you have not found what you are looking for among the above offerings, you can still search for it or for ANY OTHER PRODUCT you may need by clicking below and searching for what you need on Amazon.com: