Author: Maurice Savaryego, M.Sc.Eng. (Learn More)
(Please note that our website is supported by commissions earned when products are sold through the provided links.)
Compare Latest 2021 ECOVACS Deebot OZMO Floor Cleaning Robots: T8 AIVI vs. T8 vs. T5 vs. U2 PRO
ECOVACS has produced a large number of vacuuming and mopping robots, but only those that are marketed under the Deebot OZMO name can both vacuum and mop your floors. And the top OZMO models can do the mopping and vacuuming at the same time because they can detect carpets and avoid mopping them. This can save you both time and effort.
At the time of this writing, the latest OZMO technology using ECOVACS Deebot robots were Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, Deebot T8, Deebot OZMO T5 and Deebot U2 PRO. While these four robots come with a number of similar features, they present some important differences which will be described in detail in this article, so you may choose the robot that will respond best to your home's needs.
This article will compare the following Deebot OZMO vacuuming & mopping robots:
Comparing Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, T8, T5 and U2 PRO Vacuuming & Mopping Robots
The following table compares the features of the four Deebot OZMO robots.
The (Note #) notation used in the table refers to the clarification notes provided following the table (please read these notes carefully in order to understand better the features that come with each Deebot):
All four Deebot OZMO robots considered here are equipped with a rolling main brush and therefore can be used not just on bare floors, but on low-pile carpets as well. Note the following:
- With each of the four robots considered here, the main brush can be removed for direct suction. This is good for bare floors when there is lots of debris and pet hair.
- These robots can easily cross obstacles like doorsills up to 20mm (0.78 inch), and clean under hard to reach places with their 93mm (3.6 inch) height.
- They are equipped with a large dust bin that can hold a lot of dust and dirt and that is sufficient for cleaning large areas before requiring to be emptied.
- Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, T8 and T5 can detect carpets, therefore, when mopping is used, there is no danger of wetting the carpets. When mopping is enabled, these three robots will not mop the carpets, but will just vacuum them. Deebot OZMO U2 PRO does not detect carpets, therefore mopping should only be enabled on bare floors.
- TrueMapping technology used on Deebot T8 AIVI combines precision laser technology with a camera and advanced sensors to map your home four times faster than standard laser mapping, with a twofold increase in detection distance, and the ability to detect smaller objects down to the millimeter level. AIVI technology identifies, recognizes, and intelligently decides what to do around obstacles like shoes and cables so you don't need to clean before vacuuming. With AIVI, the robot offers faster and more accurate object identification, identifying obstacles twice faster than with other smart technologies. With AIVI technology, you can practically forget about your robot getting stuck.
- TrueMapping technology used on Deebot T8 does not use a camera, but still uses precision laser technology and advanced sensors to map your home.
With the detailed interactive map created by both T8 and T8 AIVI, new levels of cleaning efficiency and customization are achievable using the ECOVACS Home App. Not only do these robots get to know your home, but they also learn the most efficient cleaning path for your unique environment, leaving you with a flawless clean, every time. With the data collected in the cleaning report, these robots can adapt to home environments better and optimize how they clean.
The interactive map gives you also the ability to choose exactly how and where you want to clean using the ECOVACS Home App on your smartphone or tablet. You can name your different areas on your map and simply swipe to send your robot to the designated space.
- Smart NAVI technology used on Deebot T5, enables the robot to efficiently navigate your home and map your floorplan to your smartphone using laser technology. It uses both the SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping) and the LDS (Laser Distance Sensors) technologies to scan the environment, set up a virtual map, and plan the cleaning path accordingly for thorough and effective cleaning of the targeted area. With the Smart NAVI technology, as the robot cleans your home, it learns the most efficient cleaning path for your floor plan.
The interactive map gives you the ability to choose exactly how and where you want to clean using the ECOVACS Home App on your smartphone or tablet.
- The navigation technology on Deebot U2 PRO uses a more or less random cleaning pattern made of back-and-forth movements to prevent missed areas. Here, the robot relies on sensors, and changes directions when it meets an obstacle.
All 4 Deebot OZMO robots are equipped with a rolling main brush that can achieve deep cleaning by lifting thoroughly dirt and dust, especially on carpets. With this V-shaped main brush these robots can achieve more lifting of dirt and dust, especially on carpets.
Note that the main brush on these robots is further improved with the latest suspension design and optimized brush design, and these robots can sweep up to 4mm deep cracks.
As mentioned in Note 1 above, all four of these Deebot robots also allow the removal of the main brush for direct suction in order to lift effectively pet hair and debris from bare floors.
The two side brushes these robots are equipped with are designed to sweep the edges and corners of rooms, flicking edge and corner dust into the path of the main brush and the suction system.
The backside of these four Deebot OZMO robots look quite similar, as shown in the following picture where the backside of OZMO T8 AIVI is shown:
With all four robots considered here, besides the capability that the robot has to automatically control the suction power, 3 levels of suction power can be manually requested using the smartphone ECOVACS Home App: Normal (600pa), Max (1200pa) and Max Plus (1500pa).
- With 1500pa suction power, the Max Plus mode could be used when you need an intense deep clean.
- With 1200pa suction power, the Max mode could handle heavily dirty ground.
- The Normal 600pa suction power is good for daily cleaning.
Deebot T8 AIVI and T8 are both compatible with the Auto-Emptying Station that can be obtained separately (see Amazon products section below). The Auto-Emptying Station conveniently empties your robot's dustbin into a disposable bag for weeks of maintenance-free cleaning.
The large capacity bag can hold dust, debris, and pet hair for up to 30 days. The disposable bag is hypo-allergenic and locks in particles for easy and dust-free disposal. Note that a "Bag Full Alert" is produced by the ECOVACS Home app and your DEEBOT's voice alert to let you know when it’s time for a new bag
The four Deebot OZMO robots considered here have an optional mopping system that uses a wet/dry cleaning cloth pad attached to a built-in reservoir. Once the cloth is attached and the mopping mode is selected, the wet/dry mopping system dampens the cloth pad with liquid from the reservoir and mops the floor. Note that you can control the watering level from your smartphone using the ECOVACS Home App.
Note also that Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, T8 and T5 come with an additional feature not available on Deebot U2 PRO: They are equipped with sensors that allow the robot to detect the type of floor it is working on, bare or carpeted. So, when the mopping function is turned on, the robot automatically switches to mopping mode when working on bare floors and stops dampening the cloth when on carpets to guarantee a safe and deep clean. So, on bare floors these three robots can vacuum and mop all at once. This feature is further explained in Note 7 below.
Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, T8 and T5 can mop and vacuum at the same time. They use ECOVACS’ latest technology, Adaptive Floor Sensing (AFS) to detect the floor type, so they know when to mop and when just vacuum. So, these three robots will automatically avoid carpets when mopping. And when the robot is on carpet, AFS will increase suction power automatically for a deeper cleaning.
The TrueMapping technology used on Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI and on Deebot OZMO T8, as well as the advanced Smart NAVI technology used on Deebot OZMO T5, generate a map of the floor to be cleaned that can be viewed on your smartphone using the ECOVACS Home App. The map can be used to assign cleaning tasks to the robot, select where to clean, monitor the actual position of the robot, check the floor coverage and cleaning status, create virtual boundaries, etc. To see the visual map, you need to use the ECOVACS Home App on your smartphone or tablet.
Note that with Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, T8 and T5, the robot has the ability to scan and store multiple maps of different levels of your home. The robot customizes its cleaning job once it identifies which map it is in.
This function is not available on Deebot OZMO U2 PRO.
With Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, T8 and T5, to prevent the robot entering certain rooms or areas not to be cleaned, virtual boundaries can be set using the ECOVACS App and the visual map. You can create unlimited virtual boundaries, restricting the robot from cleaning certain areas.
This feature is not available on Deebot OZMO U2 PRO. With Deebot OZMO U2 PRO, you will need to use Boundary Strips to prevent the robot from entering certain areas not be cleaned. See Amazon products section below for Boundary Strips.
With Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, using your ECOVACS Home App, you can monitor your home with streaming HD video, you can drive the robot to any area of your home to look in on pets, check for open doors or windows, and reach those spaces your home security cameras aren't able to. You can also use the built-in speaker to speak through the robot,
On-demand Live Video Stream from your moving robot provides you with a new level of monitoring and reassurance.
All four Deebot OZMO robots considered here are able to move safely around your home using laser and/or smart anti-collision sensors to detect objects in their path and navigate around them for uninterrupted cleaning. If the sensors detect an obstacle, the robot will slow down, and select a new cleaning path.
But AIVI technology used on Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI offers faster and more accurate object identification, identifying obstacles twice faster than with other smart technologies. AIVI technology identifies, recognizes, and intelligently decides what to do around obstacles like shoes and cables so you don't need to remove the stuff lying on the floors before cleaning.
All four Deebot OZMO robots considered here are equipped with anti-drop sensors that can detect a drop-off larger than 3.1 inches. Therefore, these robots can clean up to and around stairs without the risk of falling.
With the four robots considered here, when the robot is connected via Wi-Fi to your smartphone or tablet, you can use the associated free ECOVACS Home App to invoke remotely the various operations available, such as scheduling and operating the robot, viewing the status of cleaning jobs, and customizing your cleaning preferences.
With Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, T8 and T5, you can also view the visual map(s) of the floor(s) generated by the robot and assign cleaning tasks to the robot using the map(s).
With Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, using your ECOVACS Home App, you can also monitor your home with streaming HD video, you can drive the robot to any area of your home to look in on pets, check for open doors or windows, and reach those spaces your home security cameras aren't able to. You can also use the built-in speaker to speak through the robot.
All four Deebot OZMO robots considered here can be remotely controlled using your smartphone or tablet and their associated ECOVACS Home App from wherever you may be. Of course, home Wi/Fi support is required.
When battery power gets low, all Deebot OZMO robots considered here automatically return to recharge, all by themselves.
This feature is also known as Recharge & Resume.
Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, T8 and T5 are able to resume automatically the cleaning job where it gets interrupted before going to recharge. They continue this way until the job is done and the entire level of your home is cleaned!
This feature is not available on Deebot OZMO U2 PRO, and it needs to be restarted after recharge.
All four Deebot OZMO robots considered here are equipped with a High Efficiency Filter which allows the robot to reduce airborne pollutants associated with allergies and asthma. As the robot vacuums up dirt, pollen, dust mites, pet dander, mold spores and hair, the high efficiency filter attached to the dust bin outputs freshened air. These filters can easily be removed and cleaned.
Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, T8 and T5 are each equipped with a 430 ml dust bin.
Deebot OZMO U2 PRO comes also with an extra-large dustbin of 800 ml which is part of a Pet Care Kit for gathering up pet debris. The Pet Care Kit also includes a tangle free main brush.
All four robots considered here can be scheduled to clean automatically once a day, 7 times a week, even when you are not there.
Never come home to a messy house again. Simply schedule a clean and let your robot take care of the rest.
All four Deebot OZMO robots considered here use Lithium-Ion batteries.
Note that Lithium-Ion batteries are designed to provide longer cleaning sessions and last longer than Ni-Mh batteries before needing to be replaced.
Note that for all vacuuming robots, run times can vary extensively depending on the amount of work the robot has to do to clean the floors. That is because different types of carpets, different floor plans and different amounts of dirt may require different amounts of effort from the robot and hence different amounts of ''juice'' from the battery.
All four robots considered here can talk. You can always know the actual working status of these robots. If the robot has something to report, it will announce it in real-time.
All these robots come with the main brush, side brushes, high efficiency air filters, mopping pads, a charging dock and a cleaning tool.
For exact price information on the above compared ECOVACS Deebot OZMO vacuuming robots please click the link below:
ECOVACS Deebot OZMO Vacuuming Robots on Amazon
So which ECOVACS Deebot OZMO vacuuming robot is best for your home?
- If you have floors that are usually cluttered with various objects that you don’t want to remove each time you vacuum, you should definitely consider Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI which comes with the AIVI (Artificial Intelligence and Visual Interpretation) technology that allows for much more efficient and accurate obstacle recognition than most vacuuming robots available today.
AIVI technology identifies, recognizes, and intelligently decides what to do around obstacles like shoes and cables, so you don't need to remove the stuff lying on the floors before cleaning, and you can practically forget about your robot getting stuck.
- If you have large spaces to clean, you should consider Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, T8 or T5. These three robots have stronger batteries and will clean for longer times before requiring recharging.
- If you have only bare floors, you could use any of the four robots considered here. But if you also have carpets and intend to use your robot for mopping too, we suggest choosing between Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, T8, or T5 which detect the carpets when mopping.
Deebot OZMO U2 PRO does not detect the carpets like the other three robots do.
- If you want your robot to restart automatically to resume the cleaning job after it recharges itself, we suggest choosing between Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, T8, or T5.
Deebot OZMO U2 PRO needs to be restarted after it recharges.
- If you want to be able to control which areas of the floor the robot should clean and which areas it should not touch, you should consider Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, T8 or T5. These three robots build a map of your floor which is displayed on your smartphone by the ECOVACS Home App, and you can select from the visual map which areas to clean. You can also set virtual boundaries on the map to prevent the robot from entering certain rooms or areas not to be cleaned. Note that with Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI, T8 and T5, the robot can generate multiple maps which is great for multi-floor homes.
There are no maps generated with Deebot OZMO U2 PRO.
ECOVACS Deebot T8 AIVI, T8, T5 and U2 PRO Robots on Amazon
Please Note: For non-US customers, when you click the links below, you will be provided with the Amazon links for your country (such as Canada or UK), if the product is available in your country.
Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI
Deebot OZMO T8
Deebot OZMO T5
Deebot OZMO U2 PRO
Ecovacs Deebot Auto-Empty Station
(for Deebot T8 AIVI and T8)
DEEBOT U2 Magnetic Boundary Strip
Have you not found yet what you were looking for?
Global Amazon Search
If you have not found what you are looking for among the above offerings, you can still search for it or for ANY OTHER PRODUCT you may need by clicking below and searching for what you need on Amazon.com: