Author: Maurice Savaryego, M.Sc.Eng. (Learn More)
(Please note that our website is supported by commissions earned when products are sold through the provided links.)
Compare Top BISSELL Upright All-in-One Vacuum & Mop Combos: BISSELL CrossWave vs. BISSELL Symphony Pet
Cleanliness is essential in our daily lives in order to stay healthy. This is one reason why we need to pay particular attention to choosing the type of floor cleaning equipment that will respond best to our home cleaning needs.
For homes with lots of hard floors, whether stone, marble, wood or lineloum, both vacuuming and mopping is required to keep the floors clean of spots, dirt, hair and bacteries.
With conventional cleaning, to do a thorough job, you'd need first to vacuum your floor and then wash it with a mop or steam cleaner.
With a vacuum and mop combo unit, the process is reversed: water or steam from the unit together with a brush roll will detach any dirt stuck on the floor, which will then be vacuumed together with any other dirt and particles lying on the floor.
In addition, these vacuum and mop combo systems are usually equipped with a filter and a water circulation system that make it possible to retain particles and dust.
With these cleaners, there is no need to vacuum and then mop: your floors get vacuumed and washed at the same time, saving you valuable time.
BISSELL is one of the most important makers of such vacuum and mop combos. They make two types:
Comparing the BISSELL Vacuum & Mop Combos
Both vacuums considered here are bagless and they come with a 25ft cord.
Their dirt tanks of these vacuums are easy to empty. You just need to fallow the straightforward cleanup procedures described in the included user manuals.
BlSSELL CrossWave is a revolutionary, all-in-one, multi-surface cyclonic vacuum system that vacuums and washes floors at the same time. With its dual-action roller spinning at up to 3000 RPM and equipped with innovative microfiber-nylon bristles, and with a multi-surface cleaning solution, the CrossWave mops and picks up dirt and debris from your hard floors to clean better than a sponge mop in less time. In addition, with the touch of a button, you can seamlessly switch from cleaning hard floors to vacuuming and washing your area rugs. All with one machine.
The following video shows the BISSELL CrossWave all-in-one vacuum and mop:
BISSELL Symphony Pet combines a cyclonic pet vacuum with a pet steam cleaner giving you the ability to vacuum pet hair and debris, and steam clean your hard floors at the same time. You can switch seamlessly between functions while cleaning with the easy-touch digital controls, so you can vacuum and steam clean at the same or separately based on your cleaning needs.
The following video shows the BISSELL Symphony Pet all-in-one vacuum and steam mop:
BISSELL CrossWave is safe and effective for use on tile, sealed wood floors, carpet, rugs, laminate, linoleum, rubber floor mats, pressed wood floors, and more. It vacuums and washes both sealed hard floors and area rugs. It can move from one floor type to the next with ease. Dual action brush roll with innovative microfiber and nylon brush mops and picks up dirt and debris at the same time. It is safe to wash your area rugs on your sealed wood floors. Smart fingertip controls allow you to easily switch between hard floor and area rug cleaning. Two on-demand spray levels help clean multiple floor types.
BISSELL Symphony Pet is designed to clean hard floors, such as ceramic tile, marble, granite, linoleum, stone and sealed hard wood floors. It should not be used on unsealed wood floors. Use on waxed or some unwaxed floors may result in a diminished glossiness. While it can be used to surface vacuum area rugs, it will not clean the rugs like a carpet cleaner or like the BISSELL CrossWave would.
The key to maximum performance is having a clean filter. Cleaning the filter after each use will help your vacuum operate at peak efficiency. The filter cleaning procedures are simple and detailed in the user manuals that come with each of these two vacuums.
Use only genuine BISSELL replacement filters (see Amazon products section below for filter replacement)..
Both products are equipped with fixed handles.
- BISSELL Crosswave has two built-in tanks. One for the clean water, the other for the collected dirty water.
- BISSELL Symphony Pet has also two tanks. But in this case, because this cleaner is steam based, the dirt tank is kept dry as there is no dirty water collected.
The heater on BISSELL Symphony Pet is used to steam the water.
The warm up time for these heaters is 30 sec.
The unit have a built-in light that indicates that the heater is ready.
- BISSELL CrossWave has two on demand spray levels to control the amount of solution dispensed that can help clean multiple floor types.
- The easy-touch digital controls on BISSELL Symphony Pet allow you quickly switch among high steam, low steam and just vacuum functions.
- The roller on BISSELL CrossWave can spin at up to 3000 RPM and has innovative microfiber and nylon bristles that act like a mop.
- BISSELL Symphony Pet uses two types of pads: washable microfiber pads and scrubby throw-away pads. Pads are included in the purchase. Additional pads can be purchased as needed (see Amazon products section below).
The low profile of the BISSELL CrossWave swivel head reaches under cabinets and furniture, while the pivoting head provides superior maneuverability for cleaning in tight spaces.
The cleaning formula for the BISSELL CrossWave is included in the purchase. Additional quantities of the formula can be purchased as needed (see Amazon products section below).
So, which BISSELL Vacuum & Mop Combo to choose?
- If you tend to have lots of dirt that gets stuck to your hard floors, you should consider the BISSELL CrossWave. Thanks to the powerful roller brush and the use of liquid formula, all stuck dirt will be removed and vacuumed.
- If you have not just hard floors, but also area rugs to be cleaned, you should consider the BISSELL CrossWave.
- If you have pets that shed their hair a lot, consider BISSELL Symphony Pet, specially designed to eliminate all pet hair on your hard floors.
- Finally, if you need to have a vacuum with a swivel head that provides superior maneuverability for cleaning in tight spaces, you should consider BISSELL CrossWave, the only one with a swivel head.
Compared BISSELL Vacuum & Mop Combo Units on Amazon
Please click the Amazon US link image below for the product of your choice to see exact price information or to purchase.
Please Note: For non-US customers, when you click the links below, you will be provided with the Amazon links for your country (such as Canada or UK), if the product is available in your country.
Replacements Brush Roll & Filter
BISSELL Symphony Pet
BISSELL Symphony Pet
Have you not found yet what you were looking for?
Global Amazon Search
If you have not found what you are looking for among the above offerings, you can still search for it or for ANY OTHER PRODUCT you may need by clicking below and searching for what you need on Amazon.com: