Author: Maurice Savaryego, M.Sc.Eng. (Learn More)
(Please note that our website is supported by commissions earned when products are sold through the provided links.)
Compare Top GRACO MAGNUM Electric Airless Paint Sprayers: X5 Stand Airless 262800 vs. X7 Cart Airless 262805
Many paint projects can be completed faster and more efficiently using a high-pressure paint sprayer. Here are some of the advantages of using a paint sprayer:
- With paint sprayers large areas can be completed in much less time than it would take to paint by hand using a roller or a brush.
- Paint spraying uses and wastes far less paint than hand paint, which saves money. This is partly because no paint is left and wasted on a roller or a brush.
- Some paint applications, such as kitchen cabinets, require a mirror finish with no visible brushstrokes. Best paint sprayers use an airless sprayer that would spray a thin mist of paint on surfaces such as wood requiring a mirror finish, making it a good choice for these types of paint jobs.
- Finally, using a paint sprayer also allows paint to penetrate cracks and crevices more effectively than a brush.
Depending on the different applications, you can choose pneumatic or airless paint sprayers. However, we prefer the Airless Paint Sprayer which allows you to get your work done faster with less waste, and more importantly, with less overspray that can cause unhealthy paint-mist in the air!
An Airless Paint Sprayer works thanks to a high pressure process, which makes it possible to spray the paint evenly. Unlike a conventional paint spray gun, which uses compressed air, the airless pump does not use air, which allows both a better rendering, but also and above all significant paint savings!
Here is how an Airless Paint Sprayer works: Inside the device, a motor actuates a piston which performs a large number of back and forth movements per second, which creates some pressure inside the device. Under the effect of pressure, the paint (diluted to 4 to 5%) is sprayed out of the spray gun. You can adjust the pressure of the airless spray gun to adjust the efficiency of the spray gun. Correctly adjusted, an airless paint spray gun allows you to paint quickly, with an impeccable result.
Whether you’re a DIY enthusiast, a remodeling contractor, or a painting professional, GRACO makes the ideal airless spraying equipment to meet your needs. In this article, we will be comparing the features of 2 of the best and most popular GRACO paint sprayers belonging to the GRACO MAGNUM paint sprayer series:
A final note of caution:
It should not be forgotten that the use of a paint spray gun requires some preparation: For indoor painting, you must prepare the room well (using tarpaulins or newspaper), so that the mist of the airless spray gun does not dirty your furniture. The airless spray gun requires preparing your paint and requires some adjustment time. After your work, it is imperative to clean your airless pump immediately, otherwise it could be damaged.
GRACO MAGNUM Paint Sprayers that are most popular among Amazon buyers are the X5 Stand Airless 262800 and the X7 Cart Airless 262805. This article will provide a detailed comparison of these paint sprayers so you can easily make the right choice that corresponds to your needs. Note also that at the time this article was written, these paint sprayers had received excellent reviews from most Amazon buyers with an all-model overall average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 stars!.
Comparing the GRACO MAGNUM Paint Sprayers
The following table compares the features of the two GRACO MAGNUM Paint Sprayers (please read the table notes that follow for a better understanding of the features offered by each model):
The TrueAirless Spray Tip with SoftSpray Technology that comes with both sprayers considered here provides greater control and less overspray with a wide range of coatings.
The convenient cart that comes with the GRACO MAGNUM X7 262805 sprayer makes any painting project faster and easier. Easily move the sprayer around on the job as required (see picture below).
The fully adjustable pressure on these two paint sprayers will give you ultimate control of paint flow for any project size.
- The compatible tip sizes (in inches) for X5 Stand Airless 262800 are: 0.009, 0.011, 0.013 and 0.015
- The compatible tip sizes (in inches) for X7 Cart Airless 262805 are: 0.009, 0.011, 0.013, 0.015 and 0.017.
RAC IV Switch Tip allows you to reverse the tip when it gets clogged to keep you spraying.
The flexible suction tube allows you to spray directly from a 1 or 5 gallon paint bucket.
The Stainless Steel Piston Pump these sprayers come with delivers high pressure power to spray easily even thicker paints. These sprayers have the capacity to handle most interior and exterior home improvement projects and let you spray directly from a 1 or 5 gallon container to finish faster.
The length of the hose that comes with these paint sprayers allow reaching peaks or second stories without diminishing performance.
With the 100ft hose that comes with the GRACO MAGNUM X7 262805 sprayer, you can even easily spray three floor homes.
The Power Flush Adapter connects to a garden hose for fast and easy cleaning.
Both sprayers considered here come with the following:
- SG2 Spray Gun
- True Airless 515 Spray Tip
- 1/4 in Duraflex Paint Hose (hose length depends on the sprayer chosen, see comparison table above).
- RAC IV 515 SwitchTip
- PowerFlush Adapter
- Pump Armor Storage Fluid (8oz). After usage and cleaning, the pump is filled with this liquid to protect it while the unit is being stored.
- Quick Start-Up Guide & Operational Manual
- A cart (only for X7 262805 sprayer)
With the exception of any special, extended, or limited warranty published by Graco, Graco will, for a period of twelve months from the date of sale, repair or replace any part of the equipment determined by Graco to be defective. This warranty applies only when the equipment is installed, operated and maintained in accordance with Graco’s written recommendations.
So, which GRACO MAGNUM Paint Sprayer to choose?
- If you want to paint the exterior of a 3-floor home, you should consider the X7 Cart Airless 262805, as it comes with the longest paint hose (100ft).
- If you need to move the sprayer around a lot while painting, you should consider the X7 Cart Airless 262805, as it is the only one equipped with a cart.
- If you'll be using thick paint that requires high pressure for efficient spraying, then you should consider either the X7 Cart Airless 262805 or the X5 Stand Airless 262800.
Compared GRACO MAGNUM Paint Sprayers on Amazon
Please click the Amazon US link image below for the paint sprayer of your choice to see exact price information or to purchase (if a price is not shown on any of the Amazon links below, it will be shown when you click the Amazon link).
Please Note: For non-US customers, when you click the links below, you will be provided with the Amazon links for your country (such as Canada or UK), if the product is available in your country.
Graco Magnum 262800
Graco Magnum 262805
Have you not found yet what you were looking for?
Global Amazon Search
If you have not found what you are looking for among the above offerings, you can still search for it or for ANY OTHER PRODUCT you may need by clicking below and searching for what you need on Amazon.com: