(Please note that our website is supported by commissions earned when products are sold through the provided links.)
Compare Top Roborock Vacuuming and Mopping Robots: Roborock S6 vs. Roborock S5 Max vs. Roborock S5 vs. Roborock S4 vs. Roborock E35 vs. Roborock E25 (with Comparison Chart)
Roborock was founded in 2014 and makes a range of floor cleaning products that includes both stick vacuums and robotic vacuums. Some of these can also mop the floors.
The vacuuming and mopping robots produced by Roborock come with some of the most sophisticated features found on robotic floor cleaners, but are generally more affordable than some of the competing products.
If you've been considering getting a Roborock floor cleaning robot, but you're not quite sure which model to get, you have come to the right place. This article will compare all the latest Roborock floor cleaning robots available on Amazon, so you are able to choose the most suitable robot for your home's vacuuming and mopping needs.
At the time of this writing, the Roborock floor cleaning robots available on Amazon were Roborock S6, Roborock S5 Max, Roborock S5, Roborock S4, Roborock E35 and Roborock E25.
Please note that Roborock E35 and Roborock E25 are also knows as Xiaowa E3 and Xiaowa E2.
This article will compare the Roborock S6, S5 Max, S5, S4, E35 and E25 floor cleaning robots.
Comparing Roborock S6, S5 Max, S5, S4, E35 and E25
The following table compares the features of Roborock S6, S5 Max, S5, S4, E35 and E25 floor cleaning robots:
The (Note #) notation used in the table refers to the clarification notes provided following the table (please read these notes carefully in order to understand better the features that come with each Roborock robot):
This is the ability to calculate the most efficient cleaning route based on a room's shape and in-room obstacles. A wide range of sensors ensure the robot is able to navigate your home smoothly and thoroughly. These include a precision accuracy laser rangefinder, infra-red cliff sensors that constantly scan for drops such as stairs, a carpet sensor that triggers a power boost on carpets, and much more.
The robot can learn and understand the shape of each room and the placement of obstacles in your home, so it can choose the best route for a fast clean. For instance, it cleans corridors along their length, not by shuffling back and forth along their width.
With this feature supported in your robot, you can clean right to the edge of stairs and ledges without worry. Onboard cliff sensors scan the ground and stop the robot from going over edges.
This is a highly advanced laser navigation system capable of mapping your home accurately for more effective cleaning.
A high-precision laser navigation system scans your room at 300RPM, creating a real-time map of your home that is accurate to up to +/- 2cm.
Note that Roborock S6 can support 3 maps which is great for multi-floor homes.
Roborock S4, S5 and S5 Max support a single map.
This is a methodical navigation system that uses dual gyroscopes and optical sensors to outpace bump-and-run robot vacuum systems.
A dual-gyro system, and motion tracking sensors create a high-efficiency cleaning path for every room. Thirteen onboard sensors provide drop avoidance, anti-collision, trap prevention, self-charging and resumption. The result is an efficient, intelligent and fast clean with no random bumping.
All six robots considered here support connectivity to home WiFi for remote control and smart home integrations.
You can control these robots from anywhere, set schedules, set cleaning modes, etc., using their associated free App.
Note that 2.4GHz WiFi is required, Compatible with Android, IOS, and Alexa.
All six robots considered here are compatible with Alexa. You can add voice control by combining with an Alexa device and and operate the robots using only voice commands.
- All six robots considered here come with a specially designed multi-textured main brush that is soft enough to clean the floor without scratching, but also strong enough to move tough dirt. A floating design allows it to stick close to hard floors for a more thorough clean, and to lift up when cleaning carpets to agitate the carpet fibers. It is an anti-tangle brush that reduces hair tangling, keeping the robot running for longer without interruption. It is easily removed for easy maintenance and brush cleaning.
- The side brush these robots are equipped with is designed to sweep the edges of rooms, flicking edge dust into the path of the main brush and the suction system. It is made from thermoplastic elastomers with wear-resistant nylon tufts and it cleans thoroughly without marking furniture or walls. A tangle-free design reduces jams caused by tangled hair. Note the following:
- Corner optimized cleaning accelerates the side brush when cleaning edges for a more thorough clean.
- Away from edges, the side bush slows down, allowing it to continue guiding dirt while preventing it from flinging dirt into clean areas.
All six of these robots come with the carpet boost feature: If a carpet is detected during a clean, the robot automatically boosts suction to maximum to get out deeply lodged dirt. Normal suction resumes once off the carpet.
With Roborock S6, S5 Max, S5, E35 and E25, you can mop floors with a damp cloth as the robot vacuum moves around the home. Mopping is as simple as dampening the cloth, sliding it onto the filled water tank, and snapping it straight onto the underside of the robot.
You can choose to just vacuum, or vacuum and mop your home at the same time for a complete clean. Water is sucked naturally into the mop as it cleans, eliminating puddling. When mopping starts, the robot pumps extra water to wet the mop. If cleaning small areas, it turns off the water where it’s already been. And when it's done, it shuts the water off allowing the mop to start drying as it returns to the dock.
With Roborock S5, using the associated free App, you can choose the right water flow for any floor type, low-flow on stone, to high-flow for grimy kitchens.
Roborock S4 does not have the mopping function.
- With Roborock S6, S5 Max, S5 and S4, you can control exactly where you want the robot to go, and not go, from your smartphone. This includes zone based cleaning, and the setting up of virtual no-go zones and virtual barriers. No add-on devices or magnetic tape is required.
No vacuuming or mopping is done on sections of the floor that are set up as no-go zones.
- With Roborock S5 Max, you can also set up no-mopping zones. These are zones that will be vacuumed but not mopped. You may want to use this feature for floors that have both hardwood sections and carpet covered sections, so that the carpet covered sections are vacuumed, but not mopped.
- With Roborock S6, S5 Max and S4, in addition to selective zone cleaning, you can also do selective room cleaning and scheduling.
This feature is not available on Roborock S5.
With all six robots, you can see in-app exactly where the robot is at any point during a clean.
With all six robots, the robot can return to its charging dock automatically after a cleanup session or when it senses that the charge is low to recharge.
When cleaning larger areas, these robots can stop when the battery runs low, go to recharge, and then automatically continue cleaning from where they stopped until the job is completed and the entire space to be cleaned is completed.
With all six robots scheduling is supported. But with S6, S5 Max and S4, you can also set room specific schedules.
This is the maximum suction power of each robot vacuum. The intense suction power of these robots pulls dirt easily off hard floors and drags it from deep inside carpet fibers. Note that 2000Pa is enough to lift an AA battery off the floor! Note also the following:
- These robots also come with the carpet boost feature: If a carpet is detected during a clean, the robot automatically boosts suction to maximum to get out deeply lodged dirt. Normal suction resumes once off the carpet.
- With these robots, you can choose the right cleanup mode for any given need, generating various amounts of suction. Available cleanup modes are Carpet, Quiet, Balanced, Turbo, and MAX. Except for Roborock S4, there is also the Mopping mode.
This is the estimated maximum amount of time that the robot vacuum can operate in a given environment.
This number represents the ideal home size for each of the robots considered here.
Powerful suction does not have to mean loud noise. All six robots considered here treads a delicate balance, giving you maximum power for less noise so that you can clean with less disruption to your home life.
The E11 filter used in these robots is a HEPA filter that can retain more than 95% of penetrating particles.
A washable air filter extends the life of the filter.
This number represents the total volume of the inside area of the dustbin of each of these robots.
The dustbin of these robots is quick to remove for emptying and to replace.
Roborock S4 does not have the mopping function, therefore it is not equipped with a water tank.
This allows updating your robot vacuum without plugging it into a computer or smart device.
It's all done through the WiFi connection and using the associated free App.
Roborock Technology Co. Ltd warrants to you (the original purchaser), that the ROBOROCK product you purchased will be free from defects in materials and workmanship when used under normal conditions for one (1) year from the product purchase date. This Limited Warranty applies only to new products purchased at US Amazon's official stores, and it's suitable for Amazon's return policy: items can be returned within 30 days of receipt of shipment in most cases.
For exact price information on the above compared Roborock vacuuming robots, please click the link below:
Selected Roborock Floor Cleaning Robots on Amazon
So which Roborock is best for your home?
- If you have a limited budget, you might want to consider either E25 or E35. These two robots may not have the sophisticated features that the S-series robots have, but they do come with most of the essential features a self-respecting vacuuming robot should have, such as good floor coverage, scheduling, automatic charging, auto restart to complete the job after recharge, mopping, good suction power, powerful battery, washable HEPA filter and WIFi support for remote control. Note also that these two robots are equipped with a super-sized dustbin (640 ml) that needs to be emptied only occasionally. Note that these 2 robots do not allow cleaning zones definition using their associated App. Also note that E35 has a stronger battery and more suction power than E25.
- If you don't need the mopping function you should consider Roborock S4. It comes with the same laser and mapping based navigation functionality found on the top Roborock robots such as the S6 and the S5 Max, and comprehensive functionality including map saving, room and zone based selective cleaning, no-go zones, scheduling, automatic charging, auto restart to complete the job after recharge, good suction power, powerful battery, washable HEPA filter and WIFi support for remote control.
- Now, if you want to have all the above functionality that comes with Roborock S4 and also the mopping function, you should consider Roborock S6, S5 Max or S5. but keep in mind the following:
- Selective room based cleaning is offered on S6 and S5 Max, and not on S5.
- S5 Max allows setting up also no-mopping zones where vacuuming will still be done, while S6 and S5 allows setting up just no-go zones that stops the robot from both vacuuming and mopping within those zones.
- S6 can build and keep in memory up to 3 floor maps, while S5 and S5 Max can keep only a single map.
You will find in the following section Amazon links for all the Roborock robots compared above which you can click for exact price information or to purchase:
Roborock S6, S5 Max, S5, S4, E35 and E25 on Amazon
Please Note: For non-US customers, when you click the links below, you will be provided with the Amazon links for your country (such as Canada or UK), if the product is available in your country.
Roborock S5 Max
Roborock Replacement Side Brush
(for S6, S5, E35, E25)
For a comparison of another popular and affordable robot vacuum brand, the dser RoboGeek Vacuuming Robots, please click below:
Comparing the Latest dser RoboGeek Vacuuming Robots
Have you not found yet what you were looking for?
Global Amazon Search
If you have not found what you are looking for among the above offerings, you can still search for it or for ANY OTHER PRODUCT you may need by clicking below and searching for what you need on Amazon.com: