Author: Maurice Savaryego, M.Sc.Eng. (Learn More)
(Please note that our website is supported by commissions earned when products are sold through the provided links.)
Compare Water Boilers and Warmers Zojirushi CV-DCC40, Panasonic NC-EG3000 and Rosewill R-HAP-15002
Comparing the Selected Water Boilers & Warmers
(Zojirushi CV-DCC40, Panasonic NC-EG3000 and Rosewill R-HAP-15002)
All three units boil the water and keep it at a set temperature that can be chosen from a fix set of temperature choices on their control panel:
- Zojirushi CV-DCC40: It has 4 temperature settings: 160°F, 175°F, 195°F and 208°F. Quick Temp mode allows reaching 160°F, 175°F, or 195°F keep warm temperatures directly without having to reach first the boiling temperature of 208°F.
- Panasonic NC-EG3000: Boils the water to 212 then drops back to the selected holding temperature. Holding temperature settings include 208, 190, 180, and 160 degrees F.
- Rosewill R-HAP-15002: Boils the water, then drops back to the selected holding temperature. Holding temperature settings are 208, 185, and 149 degrees F.
Most water boilers first bring the water to the boiling temperature and keep it there for a number of minutes so that most of the chlorine is removed before they lower the temperature to the selected keep-warm level. The Quick Temp feature of the Zojirushi significantly reduces heating time by allowing to reach the 160°F, 175°F, or 195°F keep-warm temperatures directly without having to reach first the boiling temperature of 208°F. Other benefits include reduced steam and reduced energy use. Note that this mode should be used when dichlorination is not necessary, such as when using bottled or chlorine free filtered/purified water.
- With the Zojirushi CV-DCC40, you can enable the slow drip mode by pressing the UNLOCK button twice. When you do that, the light of slow mode (drip mode) will light up.
- With the Panasonic NC-EG3000, you can enable the slow-drip mode for fresh drip-brewed coffee with the push of the SLOW DRIP button.
All three water boilers indicate the selected temperature on the control panel, but only Zojirushi CV-DCC40 uses an LED screen for the display. Panasonic NC-EG3000 and Rosewill R-HAP-15002 use special lights to indicate the selected temperatures.
By setting the timer, you can have hot water ready within a specified time. If you set it before you go to bed, hot water will be ready for tea, instant coffee or your cereals the next morning. When the timer is set, the electricity is automatically cut off until needed to heat the water. Therefore, it also saves energy by not having the boiler on all night long.
- Zojirushi CV-DCC40 timer function can be set from 6 to 10 hours.
- Panasonic NC-EG3000 timer can be set for up to 6 hours.
- Rosewill R-HAP-15002 does not have this feature.
- Zojirushi CV-DCC40 will automatically shut off to avoid overheating when there is no water left in the boiler or when the lid is left open.
- Panasonic NC-EG3000 will automatically shut off if water level gets too low.
- The dry-boiled feature on Rosewill R-HAP-15002 will protect against no water situations in the pot.
All three units have a water dispenser unlock button for safety. You have to hit first the unlock button, then the dispense button in order to get hot water.
- Zojirushi CV-DCC40 has audible indicators to alert the completion of the boiling process or a low water level. There are 2 sound choices: "melody" and "beeps", and they can be turned off.
- Panasonic NC-EG3000 and Rosewill R-HAP-15002 do not have audible indicators.
Zojirushi CV-DCC40 has a clear coated stainless-steel body with a non-stick coated interior.
Panasonic NC-EG3000 also has a stainless-steel inner pot, but the surface of the stainless-steel inner pot is precision coated with bincho-tan charcoal to purify and alkalize the pH level of hot water and naturally extract more flavorful elements in tea. A non-stick coating of diamond fluorine is also added to ensure durability and easy cleaning.
Rosehill R-HAP-15002 has a stainless-steel outer shell with a stainless steel inner pot.
- Zojirushi CV-DCC40 is equipped with a descaling mode which cleans the inner container when water is boiled with Zojirushi's Citric Acid Inner Container Cleaner (CD-K03E) or any citric acid. The cleaning mode is initiated by pressing the REBOIL button for more than 3 secs. To obtain Zojirushi's Citric Acid Inner Container Cleaner (CD-K03E), please see below the Amazon products section.
- Panasonic NC-EG3000 and Rosewill R-HAP-15002 don't have a cleaning mode. However, you can use citric acid or buy a special cleaning solution (like the Zojirushi's Inner Container Cleaner) to clean the boiler.
The control panels of three water boiler & warmer units are shown below:
So which of the three water boilers & warmers should you buy?
- It uses super vacuum electric (VE) hybrid insulation technology to keep the water at the desired temperature, thanks to which it does not have to reheat the water as often as other brands may need to. As a result, it uses little electricity, and though the machine costs more when you buy it, you would save money in the long term on energy bills.
- It is the only one of the three water boilers with the energy and time saving QUICK TEMP feature, explained in Note 2 above.
- Its delay timer function is more flexible than the one on the Panasonic NC-EG3000 (6 to 10 hours for Zojirushi instead of 6 hours for Panasonic).
- It has audible indicators/warnings that can be silenced. Panasonic NC-EG3000 and Rosewill R-HAP-15002 do not have audible indicators.
If any of the above listed points is a requirement for you, you may want to consider the Zojirushi CV-DCC40. Otherwise you will be quite happy with the Panasonic NC-EG3000 or Rosewill R-HAP-15002 as well. But when you choose between the Panasonic and the Rosewell, though most of their features are similar, keep in mind that the Rosewill does not have a delay timer feature.
As a final note it's worth reminding that, at the time this article was written, all three boilers had received excellent reviews from Amazon customers with an average rating of 4 stars or more (out of 5 stars) for each: 4.5 stars for the Zojirushi as well as the Panasonic, and 4 stars for the Rosewill.
The Three Thermal Pots Compared Above Are All Available Below on Amazon
Please click the Amazon US link image below for the water boilers & warmer of your choice to see exact price information or to purchase.
Please Note: For non-US customers, when you click the links below, you will be provided with the Amazon links for your country (such as Canada or UK), if the product is available in your country.
Inner Pot Container Cleaner
Have you not found yet what you were looking for?
If you have not found what you are looking for among the above offerings, you can still search for it or for ANY OTHER KITCHEN and DINING PRODUCT you may need by clicking below and searching for what you need on Amazon.com.
Note that the products offered when you click below may come with up to 40% savings!
And if you are interested in MORE SAVINGS, please click below for KITCHEN and DINING products that are MARKDOWN up to 50%!